Registration for the Spring 2017 semester is right around the corner! Make sure you visit your academic advisor before you finalize your classes to make sure you are on track to graduate. You can locate your advisor by major here: http://advising.gmu.edu/current-student/advisor-locator.
In order to create your schedule, you can use the Patriot Scheduler tool, which you used during orientation to create your schedule for Fall 2016. You may have forgotten how to use it so here’s a refresher:
- Log on to Patriot Web, click on “Student Services” tab, “Registration”, and “Patriot Scheduler – Sign On”. You will be directed to another page.
- Then, click on Spring 2017, save and continue.
- Select the appropriate campuses and make sure you select online if you are interested in taking online classes.
- Under the header “Courses”, you can click on the “Add Course” button. Search all the courses you will be taking and add them to the list. Go back to the main page.
- Now, you can click on “Options” next to the each course listed under the header “Courses”, to select the dates, times, and professors you wish to take.
- You can also add breaks under the header “Breaks”, to add times during the day that you do not wish to take classes. This can include breaks for work or personal time.
- Once you have selected the specific section(s) for each course and added your breaks, you can click on “Generate Schedules”.
- You should be able to view a number of different schedules, and view them all.
- Once you have found your desired schedule, you can click “Send to Shopping Cart”, which will transfer the courses to your shopping cart on Patriot Web.
- You will be redirected to Patriot Web, and on the day and time of your registration, you want to come back to the cart, and click “Register”. You can access this page later through the “Student Services” tab, “Registration”, and “Patriot Scheduler Registration Cart”.
It is recommended that you have your desired courses ready to click Register in the Shopping Cart on the exact date and time of your registration time ticket, before all the classes are filled. To view your registration time ticket, log on to Patriot Web – Student Services – Registration – Registration Status, Time Ticket, Override Notification. Make sure you have no holds in your account and that you are in good academic standing!
If you have any further questions on how to use Patriot Web, you can reach out to us directly or contact your academic advisor. Happy registration, Patriots!