1. Show respect: clean up after your pet.
2. Keep your sofa in your house, not on your lawn or roof.
3. Show neighborhood pride. Keep it neat!
4. Getting evicted can hurt your credit rating.
5. Parked cars belong on the street – not on your lawn.
6. Collect any trash in your neighborhood that may have resulted from your party within 24 hours.
7. Be considerate, courteous, and get to know your neighbors.
8. Give neighbors your cell number. Ask them to contact you before the police if you’re causing a disturbance.
9. All students must abide by the student conduct code. judicialaffairs.gmu.edu
10. Use curbside recycling. Contact your landlord if you need a recycle container.
Local Ordinances for Fairfax County
1. Warning! Noise violations can result in up to a $1000 fine or 30 days in jail.
2. Grass and weeds cannot exceed a height of 6 inches.
3. You can have no more than four unrelated people living together.
4. Inoperable vehicles must be screened from public view.
5. Trash cans should be stored out of sight by evening the day of pick up.
6. Parking your car in the City of Fairfax? You must have a City sticker: 703-385-7884
7. Parking your car in Fairfax County? Valid VA state inspection sticker and license plate required.
8. It is illegal to park against the flow of traffic.
9. It is illegal to drink under the age of 21 in Virginia.
10. Sidewalks must be cleared 24 hours after a snowfall.
11. It is illegal to park within 10 feet of a driveway entrance.
Interested in more information on Fairfax County housing rules and regulations? Click here.