Off-Campus Advisor for 2016-2017
George Mason University, Office of Orientation and Family Programs and Services (OFPS) invites applications for Off-Campus Advisors for the 2016- 2017 academic year (August 2016-May 2017) . This position assists in the coordination, implementation and evaluation of programs and outreach initiatives aimed at increasing engagement of students who live off campus, specifically first-year and transfer students. This position will be responsible for advising incoming off-campus students of resources and tips for a successful transition to Mason. The Off-Campus Advisor will be responsible for outreach and marketing to off-campus students to inform them of resources to increase student success. For more information on our programs and services, please see offcampus.gmu.edu.
– Undergraduate student living off campus for the 2016-2017 school year
– An evident passion for off-campus students and their success at Mason
– Ability to work independently and take initiative with little supervision
– Flexibility to work changing hours based on programs, including overnight hours during Finals Study Lounge
– Consistent commitment to duties and responsibilities, including timeliness
– Reliable transportation to campus early in the morning and late in the evenings
Compensation: Off-Campus Advisors will receive an hourly wage.
Time Commitment: The Off-Campus Advisor will work approximately 15-20 hours a week, with additional time commitments for Off-Campus programs. The position will require attendance at signature events including High-5s, Finals Study Lounge, Groundhog Day Breakfast, admissions events, and additional programs as assigned. Occasional nights and weekends are required.
Length of Employment: The length of employment for the Off-Campus Advisor is for the duration of the academic year, August 2016 – May 2017. Students should not plan on having internships or significant outside employment during their contract time.
To apply: To apply for this position, please submit a resume and application through our website below.The application for the Off-Campus Advisor is currently closed.
For questions, contact:
Emilie Dubert, Associate Director for Off-Campus Student Programs and Services
4400 University Drive, MSN 5G2, Fairfax, VA 22030