Calculate Your Expenses
As an additional resource, feel free to use this Sample Housing Budget to estimate your expenses. Please note that this may not include all costs, so be sure to review your lease terms!
CORT furniture is a strong partner with George Mason University to help students find affordable furniture for rent or purchase. For more information, please go to their website at: http://www.cort.com/
Attention first-year freshmen students!
As of Summer 2016, Mason will require all first-year students to live on campus.
Students may be exempt from the requirement to live in the residence halls if:
- The student will reach the age of 20 prior to the first day of classes of their first term of enrollment
- The student is married
- The student has dependent family (children or parents) under the student’s care
- The student has Veteran status
- The student resides in the principal residence of a parent or legal guardian within the counties of Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Prince William, and parts of Loudoun*. Students desiring this exemption must apply and provide parent or legal guardian endorsement.
- Medical and/or disability circumstances
- Financial hardship that would result from living on campus
- Cultural or religious considerations
- Unforeseen changes in a student’s circumstances
For more information on how to apply for exemption, please visit the Mason Housing website.
For additional information regarding requests for exemption, contact Housing and Residence Life at email@example.com or by calling 703-993-2720.
Still Need Help?
Off-Campus Student Programs and Services will come to your residence hall, class, student organization, or other group for a Lease Education Workshop. Sign up here today!